Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Review JudiKins Diamond Glaze



I hope you are all having a great week and a great humpday! This is Brooke from Sunset & Vine Jewelry and I will be doing my first product review for Tools are for Women Too! JudiKins Diamond Glaze is a product that I have used for jewelry designs as well as various crafting projects.






This product is fun and easy to use and I enjoy the results that are achieved when the glaze is used properly. I have used this glaze to make magnets, pendants and charms for jewelry. For best results I would suggest applying the glaze in thin layers and allowing one layer to dry at a time. This product also has a tendency to get air bubbles and you will need to make sure that they are removed before the glaze dries. The best way to remove the bubbles is to take a small paint brush or tooth pick and tap out the bubbles. Another tip is to ensure you are applying the product in an even coat over the surface and that it doesn't spill over the edges of the pendant or whatever tray you are filling. When following these simple directions you should achieve the desired results and I am sure you will be pleased with the glaze.




JudiKins Diamond Glaze is a water based dimensional adhesive that when dry creates a raised glass-like finish. This product can be used to make personalized items of your choosing by taking your own image and covering it with the glaze. The glaze can be mixed with small amounts of dye ink to create custom colors and it is also a great adhesive for gluing beads and glitter to paper. You can find pendant, charm, and magnet frames for glazes at many of your local bead stores as well as Etsy and internet beading suppliers.





Overall this product delivers on its promise. It gives you a great raised glass finish and is easy to use. First time users will be very happy with the results. It is also safe and easy to clean up so you can have the kids join in on the fun. This product gives you a wide variety of options to create something personal and unique. If you are looking for crystal clear image quality you will probably be slightly disappointed and I would suggest you try the more time consuming resins.


I am giving JudiKins Diamond Glaze 5 out of 5 Hardhats. Have fun on your next project and I hope this review helped!






Do you have a tool or product that needs to be reviewed or featured? Just email Rory for details.

1 comment:

PeggyR said...

I've used Diamond Glaze for years, I love the product.