Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Link Party! Times Are Tough Thursday #3 - Christmas In July Edition

It's time! Last week was pretty fabulous. Not only did we have over 500 thumbnails posted, we had reports of sales going on in a lot of the stores out there. It was fantastic to hear some of the success stories from some of you, that were due to the party.

This week I have invited everyone to join in that wants to. Sellers and Non-Sellers alike are all welcome. Let's all work together to make this party a huge success!

I have also sent out invitations to many of the Etsy Store Owners who are participating in the Christmas In July event. The CIJ event is almost over and hopefully this party will give their stores an extra little push, like it did for a lot of you last week.

For those of you who have not been here before....Welcome! We love that you have joined us, for this fun way to create some links, traffic, followers, hearts, and sales.

****Please Read The Rules And Instructions Before You Enter****

Really Easy Rules

1.) You must be a follower of this blog to participate if you are not one already.

2.) Everyone is welcome to participate. Both sellers and non-sellers may join in the fun.

3.) For the most part, any item that you made yourself, may be entered into the party.

4.) Some of you out there are in need of a big push this month, so I am allowing everyone to post up to 5 items this week. We could all use some extra traffic, so let's pull out all the stops. Post your best 5!

5.) Important.....This party,... the traffic it brings,... the links it makes,... and the store sales it adds,... depends almost entirely on how well the participants spread the word and promote it. Please do whatever you can to make it a success. Link to it. Grab a button. Write a feature post about it. Announce it in a forum. Tell your Etsy team. Whatever you want. Just get the word out there.

6.) Please click on a few of the thumbnails posted. Visit some of the other stores and blogs. Leave comments and convos when you are there. Become a follower of some blogs and leave a few hearts in some Etsy Stores. You will be amazed at how much more traffic and activity your store and blog will experience if you "pay it forward" and do this. I guarantee it will help you.

Here is a button in case you want to link to the party that way....

toolsareforwomentoo


Design by Trendy Treehouse



Okay...Here are the actual instructions for entering your items into the party.

Pretty easy.

1.) Scroll down past all the thumbnail pics that were entered before you. Find the little blue button that says... "Add your link". It has a little frog face on it. Click on it.

2.) Copy and paste the URL of the item you want to to bring to the party. For bloggers it will be the URL of the post.

3.) "Name"....This is not for your name. It is for the name and description of your item. You can use up to 50 characters and can even include the price if you want.

4.) Enter your email address. It will not be visible to the public. No worries.

5.) Click "Next" and pick out your picture of the item.

That's it!

Good Luck!



28 comments:

Griselda said...

Hello Rory, you make me feel like doing something special for everyone here. ~♥ ♥♥ ♥~ So, for this week...UNTIL NEXT THRUSDAY...Anyone who mentions looking at my dolls in this blog, will get 20% refunded on their purchase!! ~♥ ♥♥ ♥~Thanks for creating a situation where everyone wins!!!

Griselda

Pink Glass Palace said...

Griselda what a fantastic idea! I hope you don't mind that I follow in your footsteps and offer Free Shipping to anyone who mentions finding my jewelry through Rory's blog. Just mention this is the message to seller or a separate convo. Thanks everyone!

Moe said...

What a great offer Griselda! I love link parties on this blog!!!

osovictoria said...

Thanks for the links party, this is alot of fun. Love all the creative work I see.

Tidbits & Glitz said...

This is the favorite part of my week! I love all the talent. Thanks Rory:)

TheVirginiaHouse said...

Thanks so much for hosting this! I just started my Etsy store a few weeks ago so this is perfect for me! And I found so many neat things looking through all the other links. thanks again!

Lisa H said...

Thank you Rory for such a great link party! So many wonderful items from very talented artists. I definitely found some new favorite shops.

Viktoria said...

Super idea! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

All my items featured here have free delivery until the end of July :)

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

I see that some of you are thinking a little bit "out of the box" and posting comments about free shipping and store discounts in the comments. I LOVE THIS! what a great way to try and bump up the volume. Keep up the good work and remember to pay it forward.

Rory

Mami Made It said...

Love the idea! Thank you so much!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Just discovered your blog! This is amazing - thank you so very much!
For anyone who mentions they found me here on this blog, I'll offer a 15% discount (refundable through paypal) - this offer is good through Saturday, July 31st!
Theresa :)

Griselda said...

I am always thinking outside the box!!
Most of the time I want to check in and see...who is still inside the box...LMAO
Rory it has been so much fun, I have met some wonderful people too and IT DOES FEEL LIKE A PARTY!

gilstrapdesigns said...

There are so many very unique and beautiful items. This was a very good idea.

Thanks Rory

Griselda said...

To those that have made comments on my offer...PARTY ON!

I will come to visit you soon, for not the world "inside the box" is calling me back...:)
Bright Blessings Everyone.

RitaJC said...

What a great idea!
Thank you s very much!

I'm shipping all purchases from my etsy shops
http://www.etsy.com/shop/alatvian
http://www.etsy.com/shop/alatsupplies
http://www.etsy.com/shop/alatceramics
world wide for a flat rate of $4.
Even the multiple and combined ones!

Anonymous said...

Thank you again, Rory. This is such an awesome idea! Very much appreciated!

Miss Bohemia said...

What a great idea Rory.

I'm so glad I found this blog.

I am offering 10% off everything in my shops to anyone who mentions your blog in the message to seller when sending payment (excl. shipping costs). Offer good until 31 July 2010!

All the best

Jennifer

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful way to help the handmade artisan community and fantastic blog! Thanks so much!!

K Low said...

What a great idea! Going to my blog right now to post about it. Check it out at http://cardsncrafts.wordpress.com

ticc said...

Hi Rory!!! Thanks so much for the Link Parties. They are a lot of fun, and I love seeing all the beautiful work done by others. Have a wonderful day!!!

Preserve Jewelry Studio said...

This is my first time to a party and I am totally impressed with the gifts everyone has brought. I love the idea of offering something back, so if you mention you saw me here at the party, FREE SHIPPING.

Blue Creek Home said...

Thanks for letting me know about this crazy cool party!

I'm late, but I'm here with bells on!

Thanks
Rhonda

Knecht Ruprecht Dolls said...

Great Project!
Thank You!
ruprecht.etsy.com
KnechtRuprecht.dawanda.com
knechtruprechtdolls.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love this blog!!! I just found it, and am thrilled! I am about to re-launch our shop with some fabulous new upgrades, and I'll be sure to come back when I do. Some very beautiful items shown here.

Lolly Jane said...

new to your blog, loving it.

thanks for hosting!

check us out, we're doing a full week of tutorial ending with a giveaway! :)

TheCraftBarn said...

Thanks again!!
I posted your button on my sidebar! I found lots of new things and sellers that I marked as favorites last week!
Hope to get some sales - which would make this even better!!
Jennifer @ The Craft Barn
http://www.thecraftbarn-ny.blogspot.com
http://www.thecraftbarn.etsy.com
http://www.thecraftbarn.webs.com

laurelsbylaurie said...

I bought a spoon ring last weekend and it truly is lovely. Unfortunately I need some sales to spend more money and there are sooo many things I'd love to buy, but I have to be careful. Thanks Rory for sponsoring this event though. It is so appreciated. :)