Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Times Are Tough Thursday Link Party Update!

In case you missed my earlier post today, I am going to have a new link party starting up this Thursday. Many of you have been really terrific to me and I wanted to do something special for craftswomen to support the hard work they do.

The name of the party will be..........

Times Are Tough Thursday!

This is a rare party in which Etsy store owners, and craftswomen who sell their handcrafted items on their blogs, can promote their inventory free of charge. In fact I will be encouraging partiers to link directly to their store if they have one. In most parties, linking to an Etsy store is against the rules. Not this one. Link 'em up! You will be able to link up your best 3 items.

The links will be with photos and I will make them a decent size for everyone. I will also be opening up the number of characters available to not only put a short description of your item under the thumbnail, but also to put the price of your item under the thumbnail, as well if you want.

I realize that Etsy stores may have trouble linking back to the party. But I feel like by doing a party like this and "paying it forward" it will all work out. For those of you who will be participating, just spread the news as best you can and link up on your blogs when possible. I need to get the word out in order for the party to be a success.

Thank you all for your generous support of Tools Are For Women Too! Hopefully by helping out a few of you with some free advertising and links to your inventory, you can all make a few extra dollars in tough economic times. We need to work together.



20 comments:

Get Nestled In said...

Rory, you're too cool for doing this for the ladies! Really, outstanding! :)

T.bird

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

T. Bird,

Thank you. I spent quite a bit of time the last few weeks trying to figure out how I could make some impact with my little blog. This is what I came up with. It may not be much in the grand scheme of things, but if my party is responsible for a sale or two, maybe it will help pay someone's electric bill this month.

I appreciate your compliment.

Rory

Lavender and Linen said...

What a wonderful idea! You are a very special gal!

EllensCreativePassage said...

Wow, that is a great idea...thanks for the opportunity Rory! See you Thursday!

gone said...

Sounds great, and this is SOOO needed! Handmade is better! One of a kind with love in every piece. I will definitely spread the word on this!
Stopping by to say hello. Hope you had an amazing Independence Day.
Make sure you zoom over and get entered into all my current giveaways. Check back often too, I have some amazing items to be posted soon. Everything from stuffed animals, makeup, candles, and housewares.
Stay Fabulous
Chara
http://charasjewelcandy.blogspot.com/

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

Chara,

Thank you for stopping by. I love that you are going to help spread the word on this one. There are a lot of us out there that could use one extra sale to make a household payment of some sort. By spreading the word you may be helping someone make ends meet this month. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Rory

Krishenkas Treasures said...

excellent idea and I followed you and added your button to my blog. If you want to see it (love it btw) here it is.
http://krishenkavintagetreasures.blogspot.com/ good luck and will pop back in another time to see you :)

Babamoon said...

that's really nice of you, it's always nice to find those that are willing to help others :)

Vintage Queen said...

First let me say: thank you, thank you and thank you. Second let me say, wow I sure need the exposure! I have a love of vintage and an ever evolving vintage shop on Etsy. I'll be sure to follow you and will be back on Thursday to post my links. Again, many thanks!

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

Vintage Queen,

You are very welcome. Please spread the word so that this party can beneefit others that need the exposure as well. Thank you for your support.

Rory

Michella Marie said...

Woohoo!!! I will be there with bells on :)) What an awesome idea too!!! My Etsy shop is up but nothing in it, lol!! I will defnitely have it up and running tonight!!!
Thanks again!!
~ Michella ~

waterwaif said...

What an interesting idea! i'll be by on Thursday to check it out!

waterwaif said...

What an interesting idea! I'll be by on Thursday to check it out!

Lindsey said...

This is such a great idea! Thanks so much for supporting handmade. Why have we forgotten how great it is to make things with our own hands!

I will tell everyone and will be here for sure!

-Lindsey

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

Thank You Lindsey,

If we all work together on this thing I have no doubt it will be a huge success.

Rory

Anonymous said...

Rory this is an awesome event and great way to PIF! Thank you for taking the time to let me know about it. If I had the time, I would definitely join in this effort...however, my schedule is booked. =( I hope that all goes well and there are MANY MANY sales!

and I love you title, "Tools Are for Women Too!" I grew up in a home where we helped with everything...so yes, I can use tools. =)

Have a great one!

Lavon said...

What a great idea. Thank you so much for being willing to do this! BTW I love the name of your blog.

cdee said...

Whast a wonderful, selfless idea!!

Smokeylady60 said...

This is just so Wonderful. Thank you so much for doing this!!!!

The Lovely in Life said...

So new to blogging and was invited to join the Thursday linky party. I am now a follower and will join up my etsy store on Thursday, thanks for doing this.