Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Little Introduction-Brooke Miles

I have been asked by our gracious host, Rory, to do a small piece introducing myself and I agreed. It seemed only fitting. For the past six months I have been fortunate enough to call Rory a friend.  TAFWT is truly an important resource for showcasing designs in the link parties, connecting with friends, and finding information on crafting and tools. I will forever be grateful for the opportunity I was given with my TAFWT giveaway.  It helped me build my blog by reaching many new readers and making new friends.
 

My name is Brooke Miles and Sunset & Vine Jewelry is my creation. I also have my blog Tidbits & Glitz, that chronicles the building of my business and all the little quips on my mind. Art has been a passion of mine since childhood and I have always loved jewelry and anything with a little sparkle but only in the last two years did I really focus that energy into creating jewelry. I joined Etsy in January of 2009, and it was a slow start with a total evolution of my store, and my designs. I really appreciate the time I have had to grow because I have cultivated my style and learned so much in the process.



My goal is to design jewelry that is stylish, classic and with a little edge and  I use a range of materials with prices that reflect that. I understand that our economy is shaky and I believe that women deserve a little luxury without emptying their bank accounts.




There is nothing I love more than creating beautiful jewelry with quality metals and gemstones, but I also love to use Czech glass, freshwater pearls, and Swarovoski crystal. I feel blessed that I actually get to send my pieces off to be loved by someone other than myself. It feels like a dream come true. When I am not designing I am thinking about designing or jumping out of bed in the middle of the night to sketch an idea that popped in my head.



I have lived in Ohio my entire life and graduated from The Ohio State University with a degree in psychology. Besides designing jewelry and crafting, my other passion is helping people. Before becoming a SAHM I worked with children as a case manager at a mental health facility.  Someday I would like to focus on volunteering in that area.



I live outside Columbus, Ohio with my husband and three wonderful daughters. We are very active in our local church andwe volunteer in community outreach projects. Recently we adopted a stranded puppy and our girls are having a blast with their new brother. In the future I plan on taking metal classes and opening my own store. My dream is to have an entire day alone in my jewelry room.






Tools Are for Women Too is grateful to have Brooke be a part of the team.  If you would like to be a part of it too, just email Rory for the details.

2 comments:

Stacy Risenmay said...

It was fun to get to know you better!

Jennys Quilts said...

I still love the bracelet that I won from your blog a while ago! You have a great looking family!