Hi, this is Brooke from Tidbits & Glitz. I hope you are all having a great month and are enjoying the holiday season. It is that time of year again. Depending on where you live snow may be falling, Christmas preparations are rapidly underway and hopefully you are able to spend more time with your family. There is nothing better than crafting during the holiday season and I have the perfect earrings for you to create.
Snowmen earrings are easy to make and are perfect for the entire Winter, not just Christmas. This project only requires a few materials (you can find them at any craft store) and even less steps to complete. The tools that you will need are round nose pliers, chain nose pliers, and wire cutters.
You will also need the following materials:
- 2-10mm beads, 8mm beads, 6mm beads
- 2-flower spacer beads, between 4-6mm
- 2-metal daisy spacers, between 5-8mm
- 2-cube beads, between 4-6mm
- 2-2" headpins
- 2-ear wires
- Take your headpin and place the 10mm bead, then the 8mm bead and then the flower spacer.
- Next place the 6mm bead, then the metal spacer and finally the cube bead.
- Now you will make either a closed loop or a wrapped loop (I used a wrapped loop).
- Finally dangle your snowman from your ear wire and repeat the steps for the 2nd earring.
I choose to use crystal beads and sterling silver metal pieces but you can use any color combination and metal you like. This is a very versatile design. After you have assembled all your tools and materials it should only take 5-10 minutes to complete. My kids love to help me with these earrings and we have also used the snowmen as a pendant and added it to necklaces. This is a fun creation for yourself or make them for Christmas presents.