Friday, December 10, 2010

How To Make A Picture Block Collage

Hi! It is Stacy from Not JUST A Housewife! Here is one of my favorite cheap decorating ideas.



I wanted to do a collage of pictures in my hall. It is a funny little wall tucked in the corner, but it has always seemed so bare. I didn't want to do it with pictures frames though. I wanted to shake it up a bit. I came up with this. What I did was cut out 4X6 pieces of wood that were all different thicknesses using my jigsaw. The picture doesn't show it as well as I would like. Then I sanded and stained them. I could have mod podged  the pictures on, but then I wouldn't have been able to change the pictures.  I used sticky putty on the corners of the pictures and pressed hard to adhere it.




I love sticky putty. Another thing I use it for is to keep picture frames straight. Add a small amount to the bottom corners of the frame and press against the wall. You can find sticky putty in office supply stores or online.

What kinds of picture collages have you done?


Stacy is one of the team members here at TAFWT.  Would you like to join the team too?  Just email Rory.

No comments: